With their ability to condition, detoxify, tone and tighten skin, and take inches off a person’s frame almost instantly, it’s hardly any wonder body wrap spa treatments are a steadfast celebrity favourite.
What is a body wrap?
A body wrap – also known as a ‘body cocoon’ or ‘body mask’ – is a spa treatment created to enhance the health and appearance of skin, and/or reduce body measurements. A nourishing oil or mineral-rich formula is applied to the spa guest’s limbs and torso before they are wrapped in cotton, mylar bandages or a plastic film. This promotes the extraction of dirt, toxins and excess water from the skin.
What health and beauty benefits does a body wrap treatment provide?
The pampering experience of a body wrap can provide multiple benefits, depending on the type chosen:
- Detoxification: Body wraps featuring detoxifying algae, seaweed, mud or clay can help rid the body of toxins through metabolic skin cell stimulation. As your largest organ, detoxification of the epidermis can have a significant effect on your health and overall well-being
- Temporary inch and/or weight loss: Wraps with detoxifying ingredients teamed with firmly wound bandages will see you sweat out any excess water and toxins, and also tighten your skin. This can temporarily improve the contours of your body and see you lose a dress size or two
- Dead skin removal: Wrap treatments comprising an exfoliation stage will see dead skin cells lifted, providing you a smoother complexion top-to-toe and a flattering glow. You can choose to enjoy a body polish before your wrap if exfoliation is not included as part of your treatment
- Intensive moisturisation: The vast majority of wraps comprise moisturising ingredients to hydrate, nourish and smooth your skin for improved condition
- Relaxation: Once you’re fully wrapped by your esthetician, you’ll be left to relax for up to 30 minutes. This will provide you with valuable – and rare – mental and physical downtime
Choice of Elemis Body Wraps
Exotic Frangipani Body Nourish Wrap
This nourishing body wrap drenches the skin with moisture for immediate softness and suppleness. Exotic, aromatic Tahitian Coconut and Frangipani flowers are soaked together to produce the Monoi used in this therapy, which Polynesian women traditionally used to protect their skin and provides the ultimate radiance, vitality and all over body glow.
Cellutox or Musclease Body Wrap
A deeply detoxifying blend to decongest and stimulate the system.
Let thoughts drift away, whilst being cocooned in a comforting foil wrap and treated to a pressure point facial massage and de-stress scalp treatment. Combining the richness of sea plants and Marine Algae, the Cellutox therapy helps reduce the appearance of cellulite and relieves the discomfort of fluid retention. The warm Musclease blend transforms aching, fatigued muscles. The body is re-energised and skin is left silky soft and smooth.