Maintaining your hair is relatively easy with the right kind of steps. Hair is made of protein, so keeping a healthy diet and good hygiene is an essential part of maintaining luscious locks. At the same time, here are some other tips about hair care, and what you can do at home to get unbelievably beautiful hair.
- Choose a shampoo that suits your hair type. Don’t just go for any old shampoo; go for the shampoo that works for your hair type. Typical types include (but are not limited to):
- Curly or coarse hair probably wants frizz-minimizing and softening shampoo.
- Straight or oily hair probably wants a gentle shampoo designed for daily washing.
- Coloured or treated hair probably needs a shampoo that’s fortified with extracts or amino acids, because treating your hair is essentially damaging it.
- Dry hair probably needs shampoos with glycerin and collagen to help restore some moisture into the hair.
- Deep condition once a week. Use a store-bought hair care product, or venture out on your own and try a homemade solution. Deep conditioning is very good for your hair. It keeps hair soft, healthy and moisturised.
- For fine hair: If you have very limp hair, try a botanical oil treatment before you shampoo. Use lavender or tea-tree oil, for example, and work it under your cuticles before shampooing. Wash shampoo away and apply conditioner from the mid-shaft down to the end. Leave in for a minute before washing.
- For medium to thick hair, use a moisturizer with natural hydrators. Keep your conditioner light. Apply conditioner all over your head and let stay for 2-3 minutes.
- Frizz-control serum can be used in small quantities to tame frizzes. Make sure you do not use too much, and wash once a week with a deep-cleanse shampoo to avoid build-up, which will leave hair looking dull and flaky.